Course: Next Generation Sequencing Technologies
Duration: 1 Month
The fields of bioinformatics and computational biology involve the development and application of tools such as Galaxy to make biological discoveries. some people enter the field as a biologist who learns how to use the tools or as computer scientists/engineers who are able to build tools. A solid background in both biology and Drug Designing is extremely helpful.
- Graduate or PGs from a recognized University in Life Science with Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- BE ,M.E in Bioinformatics ,Biotech / BCA / BSc IT ,M.Sc IT / BSc CS, M.Sc CS
- Post graduate and doctoral students, researchers & corporate working people related to life sciences.
- Bioinformatics users access data resources to perform job duties in specific application domains. Bench-based researchers, both in academia and in industry, provide the classic example of a bioinformatics user, but this group is broadening in scope. For example, medical professionals (e.g., physicians and genetic counselors) utilize bioinformatics resources in medical contexts for the purposes of diagnosis, treatment, and counseling of patients.
- Bioinformatics scientistsare biologists who employ computational methods in order to advance the scientific understanding of living systems
- Bioinformatics engineerscreate the novel computational methods needed by bioinformatics users and scientists. Thus, a bioinformatics engineer must have strengths in computational and statistical sciences and must have general competency in biomedical sciences.
- Individual contributor- Many scientific labs, both in the academic and commercial sector, are hiring people trained in Bioperl to support the research of the lab. Positions are available for various levels and types of training. People in these positions generally work on a specific area of research.
- Core facilities- Many institutions create a central resource for labs in an institution. These resources are call core facilities. Members of such groups often have a mix of skills and work on many different research projects with researchers in many different labs.
- Educators- There is a demand for teaching bioinformatics at many different levels. Some Ph.D. level bioinformaticians will pursue an academic career, build their own research agenda and teach at the university level. In addition, there are a number of institutions who host a dedicated facility to teach bioinformatics to people inside the institution.computer aided drug designing - Another career path that supports bioinformatics is the development of new algorithms and new tools. There are companies dedicated to building and deploying computational tools. Other bioinformatics software developers are hired within core facilities and within individual research labs.
Industries for this skilled Professional
Bio IT company, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical , Hospitals , Academic and Research institutions
- Basic Terminologies
- Introduction to file types in NGS
- Introduction to Genome Analysis
- Database and File Formats in NGS
- NCBI Genomics Library
- NCBI resources used in Next Generation Sequencing.
- Introduction to analysis of next generation sequencing data
- Install Ubuntu on a windows machine for sequencing data analysis
- What is the FASTQ format (Download files from NCBIs SRA)
- Blasting into SRA
- Retrieving & Checking the quality of Sequence
- Check your sequenced reads for quality (How to install use FastQC)
- Process sequence reads (Quality trimming read joining etc.)
- What is sequence alignment
- How to align immunome data with IMGT
- How to align your reads
- Introduction to R (Programming language)
- Install tcR package TCR sequencing analysis
Venue: Jayanagar - Bangalore - India
Registration fee: 6000 INR
Email: email@example.comWeb: http://www.biocurationssl.com
Next Generation Sequencing Academic Project Work (Optional):
Duration: 3 -6 Months